Tuesday, March 28, 2006

bumped

So I am always telling myself to appreciate the travel part of going on trips. A journey is much more than a destination. I took advantage of this and voluntarily bumped myself from the middle seat on a Jazz flight for a business class seat. This involved one extra connection and an arrival 3 hours later. But I think it was well worth it.

Have you ever taken an Air Canada Regional Transit Plane. Oh my god, I had to duck to get into the plane, my carry-on bags did not fit under the seat or in the overhead. I guess I went over the 6 square inch allowed limit. Arriving in Calgary and not looking forward to my middle seat, I jumped (maybe a bit too quickly) at the chance for the 1st class option. This was perfect because I needed the room to well write my whole presentation speech. This idea did not last long.

My seatmate was a fellow volunteer bumpee. This resulted in two people who were excited to be flying in style and ready to take advantage of all the perks. The day of dining started at the private lounge in Calgary airport. I bypassed the self serve Guinness tap and had a plate of fresh pineapple and some cheese. I was really tempted to go for the beer but it was only 9:00 am. On flight we were served steamy towels to clean our face followed by a fritata which was excellent. I believe the wine started flowing by about noon. I could go on, but you get the picture. If you get the chance give up a few hours to sit in the fancy seats!

No comments: